Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Confession of a blogger

So this isn't my first blog -- it's one of many. My most active being KnottyLady, my knitting blog that has morphed into my knitting-and-life blog. As a life-long writer, I find making metaphors of things suits me, and I'm able to find a connection to knitting with most things in my life.

I'm not a permanent library person (yet) but I did have the pleasure of having a long-term sub situation at Broken Arrow recently and was able to start a knitting and reading club for teens. I've always encouraged my knitting students to teach others to knit and so on. In that sense, it's easy to tie our connections visually, imagining them as a long scarf that goes on and on and on through generations, sort of like the blanket Aunt Tita makes in Like Water for Chocolate. It's a cliche', but it makes me happy.

I'm looking forward to learning new tech tricks with 23 Things and figuring out how to weave them into my library work.

2 comments:

  1. Nice posting your Shelfari list on your other blog. The LibraryThing "Thing" should be a breeze for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope so. I'm looking forawrd to it.

    ReplyDelete