Tuesday, February 3, 2009

7 1/2 Habits

As someone who will be starting a MLIS program soon, I can't see any of the 7 1/2 Habits as "difficult." I've always been a lifelong learner (only I think I have always described myself as The Geek in the Front Row of Class Waving My Hand Wildly In a Pick-Me-I-Know-The-Answer-Way). And I have been chomping at the bit to get my Master's for quite some time.

Oddly enough, the only time I thought it was "too late" and I was too old to go to grad school was a year or so after I had graduated from college (yes, I was ancient in my early 20s).

So if I had to choose a "most difficult" I would say it would have to be "Play," as going to grad school and working at the same time (and reading, and knitting) will more than likely leave little room for "Play."

I see all the other Habits as easy, but I guess I'm most excited about Teach/Mentor Others. As I've said before, I luuuuuuuve to teach people. It gives me endless joy to see the Oh-I-Get-It-Now-Look shine on someone's face.


Pictured: the hands of my teen Knit Wits

3 comments:

  1. Yea library school! I suspect you will enjoy it.

    People who learn well tend to teach well, too; as folks who read a lot can write well, and vice versa.

    What is it about librarians and knitters? There are a handful of us down here at Central too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be the cozy-ness that books and knitting have in common!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, librarians and teachers do seem to share a worldview.

    ReplyDelete