Thursday, April 30, 2009

The laundry is talking to me: Thing 22


I am embarrassed to admit that, English degree and all, I have never read Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I know, I know. It's humiliating. And, should I continue to work in a library, I have to do it. It's not that I don't want to, it's just that my reading gets sandwiched in between everything else. Which is fine for books you don't have to concentrate on (I just finished A Great and Terrible Beauty). But if my mind can't hold on between the kitten knocking over yet another lamp and finding the ringing cell phone, and chaos, chaos, before my husband comes in from his run, it's not getting read. Unless it's an audio book -- which I can use to keep me from going insane while folding laundry (on my Favorite Things to Do List, folding laundry is right next to getting paper cuts and slamming my index finger in the car door). Making them download-able means less planning for me, which is also good because I generally don't plan to fold laundry. It just becomes a necessity I am shamed into when the pile becomes large enough to eat small pets.

Image: Jane models my laundry face.

No comments:

Post a Comment